Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Makeup Capsule Wrap-Up

Well it's been well over 3 months, and I've been done with this makeup capsule for a while now. But, as tired as I was of only one eyeshadow palette, (and as happy as I am with some new stuff from the holidays), I did learn a lot from this mini experiment, so I thought I'd list form it up for ya:

PROS

1. I love that I have a great go-to day wear makeup style that's easy and neutral for every single occasion. I used to take forever coming up with the right look with what I was wearing, but now I just do my basic makeup for work and it's so much easier. Plus, I can do a cat eye crazy fast now, which leads me to...

2. I got really good at doing a cat eye! Man, they were right when they say practice makes perfect.

3. I started doing my hair more for work, which I never did before. I would just straighten it and go, or wake up and go, if I was being super lazy (so like half the time). Now I do a different style every other day, so that's be a lot of fun to get into.

CONS

1. I was kinda bored of this capsule after month one. I guess I need some variety in my life!

2. Stuff wears out fast. Like mascara, eyeliner, concealer. Maybe I should stock up more, or buy larger products? I don't know, I was just kinda annoyed with how little makeup I got per purchase. Even though I don't get too fancy with my brands, I still would expect it to last at least close to three months. Maybe that's just me though.

3. Every palette has it's limits. I would try to do a fun, new, inspired look for the blog, but found out that it all kinda looked the same. Or that I didn't have all the elements that I needed. Not a huge deal just annoying.

So I would say that this was a great experiment in the fact that I learned a lot, went out of my comfort zone, and grew from the experience. I don't think I'll do anything as extreme as this again (not that it was hard core or anything, I mean, it's makeup for cryin out loud), but I do really appreciate getting my makeup slapped on my face faster now in the mornings!

Also, I got a bunch of Stila for the holidays, and you guys, I think I might of found THE BEST EYELINER CRAYON IN THE WORLD! No but seriously, I know that sounds dramatic but I'm pretty sure the search is over. We've got a winner folks! Come on down! It even lasts after 16+ hours of wear including a gym workout! Crazy shit I tell ya! Here's the link (I have it in Damsel which is a very dark brown).

xoHM

No comments:

Post a Comment