Thursday, March 19, 2015

Backstreet's Back, Alright!

I'm sitting here watching Dual Survivor and I got the overwhelming urge to blog. I have no idea why, but I really needed to get back to it, so here I am. (Also, this show is dope, if you are looking for a good one to get hooked on). 

I bought a URL, and totally planned on creating an awesome, beautiful, and super fun site, but then...

I got busy. Really busy. 

Which is good news, except I kind of lost some of myself in all that work. Has that ever happened to you? It's annoying. All I wanted was to sit down and relax, but I had a deadline every single day. Freelancing on top of working full time is a lot to do. And after writing articles for a company that is currently not even paying me has diminished most of my drive to continue to work with them. 

That's not to say my other clients aren't cool. I have some really sweet clients! I think this whole freelancing journey is teaching me so much, and while some lessons are harder than others, it's all for the betterment of my overall experience. 

So, now that I have some free time, (and now that I'm not super sick, this week was tough!), I'm going to be back on my blogging game. Get ready peeps! 

I want to keep it simple, and only blog about my life and writing. Hopefully that'll entertain a few of you to keep reading. I would really love for you to have a good time reading these posts :) If not, no worries, it was great of you to follow me this far. 

This past weekend I went to my future sister-in-law's bachelorette party in San Diego. It was so much fun, even though I had no idea who was going to be there! Her friends are the best, and that really taught me to be open to accepting new people in my life. I am usually the outgoing, social person anyway, but I hold back sometimes when there are too many new people. I'm better with one on one situations, you know? But each lady was so accomplished and smart, it made me want to start up my professionals group again. I loved every minute of that trip, even the 9 hour train ride each way (don't worry, I made friends as usual. Gawd I can't help but talk to strangers!). 

So much dancing, and plastic pink penises! Love this lady :)




No comments:

Post a Comment